NOTICE OF OFFICE CLOSURE
Please note that on the following dates our office will be closed:
- November 28, 2019 – State Holiday (Thanksgiving)
- November 29, 2019 – State Holiday (Acadian Day – PROCLAMATION NO. 169 JBE 2019)
- December 2 – 6, 2019 – Employee Off Site Training (Council on Licensure, Enforcement, and Regulation (CLEAR). Staff will check email, however only urgent matters will be addressed. Non-urgent matters will be addressed as soon as possible upon the staff’s return to the office.
- December 24, 2019 – State Holiday (Christmas Eve PROCLAMATION NO. 170 JBE 2019)
- December 25, 2019 – State Holiday (Christmas Day)
- December 31, 2019 – State Holiday (New Year’s Eve PROCLAMATION NO. 171 JBE 2019)
- January 1, 2020 – State Holiday (New Year’s Day)
Providing the public with information regarding the practice of psychology within Louisiana.
Find it fast…
PUBLIC MEMBER OF THE LSBEP: Act 515 of the 2018 Legislative Session created a position on the Board for a Consumer Member. Under LA R.S. 37:2353.A.(3)(b)(i) The consumer member shall be selected from the state at large and shall possess all of the following qualifications:
(aa) Is a citizen of the United States and has been a resident of Louisiana for at least one year immediately prior to appointment.
(bb) Has attained the age of majority.
(cc) Has never been licensed by any of the licensing boards identified in R.S. 36:259(A), nor shall he have a spouse who has ever been licensed by a board identified in R.S. 36:259(A).
(dd) Has never been convicted of a felony.
(ee) Does not have and has never had a material financial interest in the healthcare profession.
(ii) The consumer member shall be a full voting member of the board with all rights and privileges conferred on board members, except that the consumer member shall not participate in the grading of individual examinations.
To apply for this position, contact the Governor’s Office directly by visiting this link: http://gov.louisiana.gov/index.cfm/form/home/14
Mission Statement: To safeguard life, health, property, and the public welfare, and in order to protect the people of this state against unauthorized, unqualified and improper application of psychology.
NOTICE: In compliance with Act 655 of the 2018 Regular Session, the LSBEP hereby gives notice to its licensees and applicants of their opportunity to file a complaint about board actions and board procedures. You may submit such complaints to one or more of the following organizations: •Louisiana State Board of Examiners of Psychologists:Submit in writing to: LSBEP, 4334 S. Sherwood Forest Blvd., #C-150, Baton Rouge, LA 70816; firstname.lastname@example.org; (225)295-8410 •Committee on House & Governmental Affairs, La. House of Representatives:Submit to: H&GA@legis.la.gov or Committee on House & Governmental Affairs, La. House of Representatives, PO Box 44486, Baton Rouge, LA 70804; (225) 342-2403 •Committee on Senate & Governmental Affairs; La Senate:Submit to: email@example.com or Committee on Senate & Governmental Affairs; La Senate PO Box 94183, Baton Rouge, LA 70804; (225)342-9845
NOTICE: In compliance with La. R.S. 44:33.1, the LSBEP hereby gives notice that information submitted to the LSBEP may become public record pursuant to the provisions of Louisiana Public Records Law, La. R.S. 44:1, et seq.